Thursday, June 09, 2005

Guess it's rotten politics and not-so-rotten science that keeps us from pulling back. Must those silly soothsayers remind us that everything rotten is not cheese? Is it our fault the earth is spontaneously combusting and that the expense will be chocolate, polar bears and fine wine? Ack! And an increase in tropical ailments will travel the heatwave; good for the farms that sell us eggs and good for settling bets with those crazed prognosticators of overpopulation. Heck, if we all die from malaria and its cousins, how can we blame ourselves?

Had one of those miscellaneous mini-non-life forms flatten me out Monday night, a little mortality reminder that worries the parents more than me. I wouldn'ta said nothin' 'cept my voice is quieter, which means it's the quietest voice on earth, softer than the whisper of a snowflake. Won't be seeing too many of those much longer; they're headed to the graveyard faster'n me, so while they're around, best take pictures.

Hey, snowflakes and viruses sorta look alike... Maybe it's not so bad after all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY! If it's snowflakes 'yer after... would ya move to Milwaukee already? :) Only a few months to wait for some....heh heh heh.

By the way - I can't wait to see ya!

Anonymous said...

This is from Larry.Yes bugs can take things and leave things.Yesterday one of my snow flake pals a lady of great renown was taken away from us by the cancer bug. I hope she will send us some super snow flakes next winter for us to marvel at.....

Anonymous said...

Sorry you've been under the weather. Hope your better now. We could sure use a few snowflakes here right now. As hot as it has been already in June, it frightens me to think how bad it will be come August! Next time you are out Oklahoma way, let me know. I'd love to see you.

M.